Monday, June 2, 2014

From Dad:

Letter from Dad:

Dear Kenna - 

I was so happy to see you when we talked on Mother's Day.  
For me - I was just really happy to see you while I talked to you.  For Mom – it was complete torture!  I had to laugh because you were sweating the whole time, wiping your face.  Glowing with sweat.  Every time we see your pictures you look miserably hot.

I know you're having a hard time.  I think that's just part of being a missionary.  It's got to be doubly hard - being in the Philippines and so far from home.  No matter how hard it is - your reward will be ten times greater.  I'm glad that you were able to talk to Mom.  I hope that it made you feel better.  I know you're very homesick.  But that will pass through hard work and staying focused on the work that you've been called to do.  I know this work is hard - but believe it or not - it's not going to be the hardest work that you're going to do.  As life goes on - you will have many many struggles.  I know that you'll conquer your struggles, just like now.  And, you'll have many many successes.

I absolutely HATE when you sign your letters Sister Mayberry.  You're Kenna to me!!  My little girl.  

Well,  I can't wait to talk to you at Christmas.  Or what's even greater is being able to see you when I talk to you.  Maybe you won't be sweating as much.  HA!  It's just so great!  It was the greatest day - to see and talk to you.  I look forward to every Sunday / Monday to see how your week went.  

I hope you enjoyed your jerky and trail mix.  It only cost $90 to send it.  Gladly pay it ----  : )   I miss you!  I love you !!  Before you know it - you will conquer the language and you'll be wondering why you were making such a big fuss.  Before you know it - you'll be home.  

Love – Dad


Daddy

You sure do know how to make me cry. Pretty much I just see “From Dad” and I start to cry . I love you so much! It is weird -- it isn’t that I am super homesick. It’s just I’m not sure. Idk. But whatever it is I need to get over it and I will. I know I am supposed to be here. In my MTC letter you wrote me you said the same thing. "The harder the times. The bigger the reward." I wrote that down and put it up on my wall. It has helped me through everything. I have bad days almost everyday. But they are also good days too. But when it is hard I look at that and I think of you and know that you are there in America rooting me on. And that means the world to me. I love you so much Dad. And I know it will go by fast because I can’t believe it is already 4.5 months! I love you so much!!! And when we talk at Christmas I will be fluent --I promise!!!

Love -- your baby girl
Love Pumpkin
Love Kenna
But most important … right now

Love Sister Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment