Monday, June 2, 2014

Email #12: An interesting way to answer my prayer.

Shaved ice - for us to eat….  it's so HOT!
Momma I love you! I want to let you know that your email helped alot as I was just reading it. We had Mission Conference on Friday and I just felt the spirit so strong.  I knew that I am here for a reason and I cannot come home. I know that for sure. I really do. And yesterday I fasted and got an answer in an unusual way.  I already knew my answer but Heavenly Father made it a bit more real. I had a dream (which I don’t usually remember my dreams so when I do it means something).  I had a dream that I went home. I went home and I just wanted to go back and I felt helpless.  They said I could go back but not to the Philippines. So I went anyway but didn’t wear a name tag and it was weird. But I felt so lost. I knew what I needed to do and I couldn’t do it. It was scary. Definitely an interesting way to answer my prayer. But I got a movie pretty much about what my future would be. I am staying and I am going to kick this mission’s butt ;)

So Monday we watched Mr. Peabody as a zone. It is a Pixar movie. This one wasn’t actually bad because it has humor that you had to be older to get (like history humor). So it was better than other movies haha.

So Tuesday we went to the doctor because we were sick. We got checkups and the doctor didn’t even get out of his chair. I told him that if I don't drink 2 liters of water every morning I get a headache. He said it was because I wasn’t taking medicine. I was like -- no my body shouldn't function on medicine. So it wasn’t very helpful. But while we were waiting for him the news was on the TV. Guess what? They show the dead bodies on TV when there is a murder!. I was like what?!?!?!? Holy heck that’s a dead body!

So Wednesday we went to the hospital for Sister Sevia. She is pretty sick. She needed a urine test. So we got that and she has to stop eating salt. But I noticed that I didn’t put my nametag on . I thought I did but I didn’t. So I wore Sister Sevia’s name tag and she covered her left side with her hair because her hair is long enough you can’t tell. People called me Sister Sevia. It was funny.  She was like ughhh noooo! It was a lot of fun.

So Thursday was the day.... Well I read Ether 12:27 about weaknesses and I realized that right now I am in the start of the scripture – the weakness part. I am definitely being shown my weaknesses right now. I need to become more humble so he can make me strong. I am really trying too. I really am.

Friday was Mission Conference!!! It was wonderful I loved it. A district in my zone sang a song about finding friends from the pre-existence and they didn’t even start singing. The piano started playing and I felt so much love. I was like -- I have to be here. I am here for a reason. The Lord wants me here right now. Then all the talks were comforting too. I know I am here for a reason.  And after we went out to lunch with some elders in my district and some other elders and a sister companionship. I talked to the sister.  She is from America and she made me feel better about the language. It was a lot of fun. And one of the Elders is my batch going home.  He lives in AZ so we will fly all the way home together. So we took a jeepny and it took us to the middle of nowhere.  We were all like, “Where are we? What the heck?”  So then we all had to take another one to the mall where everything is. We were laughing because we all squished into one jeepny. It was so funny. We went WAY out of our way! It was a fun day and I needed that. Then that night we were talking about the Criman family. I realized that those boys needed Sister Sevia and I.  They needed fun missionaries. They chouldn’t have been taught by super serious people because they never would have listened.   They needed people to call them stupid or enemy or just all that stuff.  I know that I am here in this area for them. If they are the only ones that get baptized that is okay. I know that I am here for them. They had to have us. I really do believe that.

So on Saturday I had a thought. "I can do humanitarian work for the rest of my life. But I only have this chance to do God’s humanitarian work."  It is true. I have this time and it is the best humanitarian work ever! So Mosiah 24:14 is my favorite scripture so I read it and then decided to read the one after it too. Well, go read.......................... So I realized that Heavenly Father will make me strong enough to hold my burdens but not take them away. I am strong enough to do it with the help of the Lord. It helped me a lot.

Sister Sevia is super sick so last night I made her dinner. We didn’t go work because she couldn’t. So I read Liahonas for a while.  Lots of great messages in them.

Well momma I am so sorry to worry you so much. Your email helped alot. I love you tons. And I am not coming home. I am going to do great and love it!! I am here for a reason - I know that.  I love you all so much! Thanks for you prayers -  I can feel them!


Love always Sister Mayberry

I forgot my name tag --  I was Sister Sevia for the day!

My family

Just a little hot --
so SWEATY!!

Mosiah 24:14-15

And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment