Monday, January 6, 2014

Called to Serve


It feels like yesterday that I turned my mission papers in. Like many 18 year old girls as soon as the age change was announced, I decided that I wanted to go on a mission. I started mission prep and waited until I could start my papers. I had my last interview 4 months and 1 day before my 19th birthday. However, you are supposed to turn them in 4 months from your availability date, which mine was January 1st. So I was about 2 weeks ahead. And that began my wait for the big white envelope in the mail that came a long 6 weeks later. I could not wait to open it, and neither could Chad. He peaked at my letter without me knowing, and saw the country name on the letter. That punk! 

I was so fortunate to have tons of family and friends there to support and watch me open my call. I was completely shocked to see Philippines Cavite on my letter. That was probably the last place that I expected to get called to. Even though it was unexpected I am so excited. I know that I am supposed to go to the Philippines and learn TAGALOG! I’m exactly where I am supposed to be.     














No comments:

Post a Comment