Monday, April 21, 2014

Email #6: She is thirsting for the gospel.

So I forgot to grab my paper that had what I want to tell you on it.  But that’s okay! I’M SO SO SO SORRY!!!! I was going to take pictures of my apartment today and forgot. I did take them and deleted them the week I thought I sent them to you. I will next week I promise.  I hate this -- I can’t remember what to tell you!!! I’ll try.

So after we emailed on Monday we went to the SM (Which is just a mall like the ones we have at home.)  I bought a planner. They are kinda the thing here in my mission. It holds your planner and has spots for pens and your money and cards. It is great.  Everything I need is in it. But they only had one left at the store and it is purple and pink and grey. WAY too girly for me. But I had to have one so I had to get it. I will be buying a new one ASAP though haha.   At the mall there was cotton candy and my roommate from Tonga has never eaten it so I bought some and it was so good!!!

We have this investigator that SIster Jenny introduced us to. It is her neighbor. Her name is Christy (not sure if I told you about her last week) but we taught her 3 times I think this week. And she is great!!! She just wants to know about the church.  She is thirsting for the gospel.  I can see it in her. And when we go she has questions and
listens so carefully to the lessons. It is great to see!!! Her husband won’t listen to the lessons but she does.  That’s like all I can say because it is just great!!! And she just wants to know everything!!!!  She helps with my Tagalog.  When I say something wrong she will correct me. And I LOVE THAT!!!! I can see things progressing with her.

And Jenny’s step children. Xhryus and Russel are great!!! They had a date for April 26 but we still have more lessons to teach.  So now it is May 4. I am so excited for them. Xhyrus is more into it than Russel but they both are getting baptized. Russel did stop drinking tea though -- which is great!! They come to church every week and have that
desire.   They both keep the commitments. I love watching them because I can see the change in both of them.  We have a lot of lessons with them. They are our focus people right now. I am so excited for them!!!!

I had my first companion exchange this week. I went to Molino and the sister training leader came to Novelta. I was with Sister Sarena. She is great.  She’s Filipino. So nice and she pushed me in the lessons because she only spoke Tagalog.  It made me feel like I had to too. It was great!!! I learned so much from her about being missionaries. It was that night and we only spent like 3 hours together and already I had learned so much. It was so good for me. I learned so much and grew and went home and was like,  “Okay Sister Sevia.  We have to change some things or we need to add some things.” She said I helped her alot too. To remember to always be obedient and have a goal and accomplish it. That when we say we’re going to do something we do it.  And have a desire. She said she could see my desire to teach and can’t wait for the day I can do it in Tagalog because I will be so powerful.  It made me feel good.  I’m anxious for that day.  I am so sick of not being able to speak!!!!! But I know that will come but it could come faster if it would like to haha.  Wednesday was Sister Sevia’s birthday!!! So I only spent half of it with her. But that was okay because the sister training leader that came to work with her was her trainer so they are super close.   It was great for her. Her anak (child) during the day and her nanay (mother) at night.  She had alot of fun but everyone fed them cake!!! I was like -- of course because I’m not there you get cake.  Haha!

The zipper broke on my red skirt.  : (  We got out of a trike and Sister goes, “Sister,  your skirt,”  and the zipper was broken.  So we had to go home and change.  I am hoping I can find someone to fix it!!!

So there is a food here called ube. IT IS SO DELICIOUS. I guess it comes from a plant. But they use it for dessert and it is purple. It is indescribable. I have no clue how I could describe it to you but it’s delicious! There is a bakery we walk past that has ube filled bread!!! I buy it everyday!!! It is so good!!! You will love it!!!!  Are you ready for this?!?!?!?   I eat oatmeal!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I eat it every day -- like 2 times a day!!!! It is so good!!!!!  Sister Sevia makes fun of me because I eat it so much now! Haha.

So today we are going bowling!!!! As a zone! I feel like Lena --always doing something haha. I am so excited! And I am wearing JEANS!!! I haven’t worn jeans in about 3 months. I love them!!!! Haha. Wednesday is my 3 month mark!! It went so fast. I am convinced that I will be home in about 2 months because this past 3 months felt like 2 weeks --  If that! Time goes so fast here. And once I start understanding Tagalog It will go even faster.  It went so fast I feel like I haven’t done enough for being gone for 3 months already! Time is weird.

No I am gaining weight!!!    That whole, "I’ll come home super skinny" is a lie. Rice makes you gain weight!!! And I eat it all the time. I am trying to buy healthier food now. I was going to stop buying rice but then Michael Kornegay emailed me and he said everything got better when he turned into a Filipino. His language, his lessons, how happy he was. So he started doing everything like a Filipino and that includes rice. So I was like okay I can do that.  I LOVE RICE!!! It is delicious.  Oh and my feet -- ya they are worse.  So Sister Tye is trying to figure something out for me.  People just put a lot of salt in the food. I have pictures -- just wait.  It’s annoying. I took that medicine for 5 days and then it came back so she told me to take it for 2 weeks so I did that and it didn’t help. I am drinking lots of water hoping it helps and then we will see what she finds out from the doctor. She said that supportive hose will help but it is so hot here I do not want to wear hose and she doesn’t want me to either. So maybe I can wear them at night and not during the day.  This whole thing will just be experimenting.

Oh and the chick picture was at maricriz salud house. Brother Marlon
was in the background.


I love you all so much!!! I love you momma and dad!!!
Eating like a Filipino --  using my hands


OUCHIE!!!  No ankle bone.

Not sure how she walks so much
with these things !!

No comments:

Post a Comment